Canadian Settlement Spouse and Dependent Children

There is also the family visa for migration to Canada for persons who have qualifying relatives in Canada who are willing and eligible to sponsor them.

Sponsors must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident: spouse, common-law or conjugal partners; dependant child, parent or grandparent; an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew or grandchild (under 19); and any relative if the Canadian sponsor does not have another close relative who is in Canada or who can be sponsored to come to Canada.

The most common type of family class application is for those persons who are married or engaged to a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.